Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Some stitchin' and some Witchin'

I've been listening to more radio lately - because I can. I love me a good podcast, too. My ol' friend Janet (I met her when Duncan was in kindergarten) shared yesterday's broadcast of On Point with me, one of my fave shows. The theme was Embracing the Word Witch. Excellent discussion and now I'm basically coming out as a witch. Witch life has been calling me for decades, and I've locked my doors and shuttered my windows at the idea for too long. Why? Fear of the patriarchy, judgement, ostracizing. Well, fuck all that bullshit.

The specter of the patriarchy has hung heavily over me since puberty. As with so many women, the sovereignty of my body was breached at a young age. The denigration of my womanhood has unspooled ever since. Predators abound. Where am I safe?

With women.

I know there are men who are phenomenal, supportive, allies. I married one.

But, it is in the company of women that my womb, my heart, my gypsy spirit and my lucious body are all safe and sovereign. My sisters who share a deep connection with earth wisdom and magic are the keepers of the divine feminine flame. I'm throwing my lot in with them. In this insane clown posse of a patriarchy, I choose them.

So call me a witch, please. I would like that.

I submit a photo of today's Seed Stitch progress. Accolades are appreciated:




No comments:

Post a Comment

An important discovery

Last month at my Toltec Mitote ceremony, our wise and wonderful Rainbow Marifrog shared an observation she'd noted with her shamanic ey...