Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I quit my job 6 weeks ago so I could "find myself." Today, ennui taking roost, I picked up my bamboo knitting needles and started casting on. I did not remember how to cast on, and in my malaise I said 'fuck it' and just did whatever-the-hell until it looked almost right. I could have opened any of 1.2 million sad how-to videos on YouTube, but I really wanted to chart my own course and see where it led me. Here is a photo of today's results. It's going to be a washcloth. Yes, it's sitting on a gas stovetop. I don't care.

2 comments:

  1. I love the metaphor of your shitty knotting sitting on a gas burner ready to blow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, shitty knotting is a more apt descriptor for what I do ;-)

    ReplyDelete

An important discovery

Last month at my Toltec Mitote ceremony, our wise and wonderful Rainbow Marifrog shared an observation she'd noted with her shamanic ey...